How much maintenance should I expect to do with my pool?
Maintaining your pool water is an art, but it’s easier than it sounds! Discover the important factors you need to take into account to enjoy a pleasant swimming season! It all starts with a water test, which you can do at home, either with test strips or a semi-professional water test kit. You can also visit your local Sima dealer who will be happy to perform a complete analysis free of charge using their professional laboratory.
- It is important to check that the pH of your water is as neutral as possible to ensure the effectiveness of the products. Keep it between 7 and 7.4.
- You should also check the water hardness. Sima experts recommend that you keep the hardness between 200 ppm and 300 ppm.
- Filtration plays a major role in the maintenance of your pool. Clean the sand with Calypso Eco Pure every season and change it every 4 to 5 years.
- It is recommended to test your water at the beginning of the season and once a month thereafter. In addition, it is recommended that you test your water weekly at home for chlorine and pH.
For more information, watch our video capsule: https://www.simacanada.ca/assainissement-eau
- What is the ideal size for a pool?
- My pool is losing water, what should I do?
- What safety measures are required with a pool?
- How can I tell if my yard is suitable for a pool?
- Why is my pool water cloudy?
- How should I heat my pool?
- How much does an inground pool cost?
- When should you close an above ground pool?
- When should you close an inground pool?
- What level should your pool water be when you close the pool?
- When and why should you shock your pool?
- How can you find a leak in an above ground pool?
- How do I drain my pool?
- Why is it not recommended for pregnant women to use a spa?
- How do I connect a spa?
- Can I use my spa everyday?
- What does foam in my spa mean?
- Do you need to drain a spa for the winter?
- What products should you use in a spa?
- How long does it take for a spa to heat up?
- How can I keep my water clear and healthy?
- Why do my eyes burn when I open them underwater?